Wednesday, February 14, 2007

Alcohol ink playtime



I enjoy playing with my alcohol inks...and after some questions about coating chipboard and then using alcohol inks to color it...I played with some to see how it would turn out...I used my Cuttlebug dies to cut the chipboard shapes...then colored them with a thin coat of Adirondack acrylic paint...when dry, I coated them with a thin coat of Ranger Glossy Accents...after that dried, I applied the alcohol inks to color them...I love the way they turned out...I even used the Ranger Crackle Accents on the leaf die cut embellishment I made for my glossy cardstock, sticky notes book cover...after it was dry and then cracks formed, I rubbed distress ink on the leaf...and wiped off the excess with a paper towel...i will definately be making some of my own embellishments using these techniques...

No comments: