Wednesday, December 05, 2007

Treat/Treasure Box How To

I punched the scallop from green cardstock and the circle from white, stamped the Innovative Stamp Creations images in green and red...I am so tickled with my new punches...
I used the matchbox die cut to create the treat box...very simply just rubbed the distress ink pads across the white cardstock die cuts...almost gives a faux fabric effect...I have been doing this for years...and still its one of my favorite coloring methods...I did the box part in green and the sleeve in red...
After I stamped and glued the circle to the scalloped punched pieces...I glued them onto the peppermint patty top...Two rows of two deep fits perfectly in the little box...These were fun to make...and will be a hit at work...

I have been so busy at work since last week...its Tax Season...gees...the modem goes out in the main computer, can't run the reports, finish out last month or even post payments and entries...well until today...I had to account for 3 days worth of payments, etc...and guess what...we balanced to the penny...yeah...but gosh, it was an exhausting day...
I did get all active orders finished...so lots of mail going out tomorrow...if you placed an order or won a giveaway drawing...be on the look out...cause mail will be heading your way...
I have almost finished the Christmas shopping...3 more gifts...then its just the cooking/baking/chex mix, etc, that I make every year...and I get 5 whole days off for Christmas...yeah again...
Stay tuned for some new stuff coming later this week...and a new giveaway...

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

That is a cute book for Valentine's day! One could have alot of fun on it!

BTW, I also love the matchbox you did that is above the Valentine's booklet kit!

Keep up the awesome ideas!

Kelly said...

This is such a great idea! Hmmm... I wonder if we have those peppermint patties in Canada - if not we most certainly should! Lol. I love it.