Saturday, October 18, 2008

Mini Envy Book Project-Original Design by Me...

These are the parts I started with...I used my mini 2.5 x 2.5 envy as my base measurement for the book...I cut the covers just a tad wider, and long enough to allow for the file tabs to be added to the page inserts...I punched all my Bind it All holes, before I begin coloring the pieces with ink...I wrote down the measurements and left them at the studio...dang it...I will get them tomorrow and fill in the blanks for ya...sorry...it was one of those afternoons...
I started out coloring the file tabs and the chipboard covers with archival ink...I just used a piece of sponge to do this...

I used a stipple brush to color the page inserts...I chose pink, because I will eventually put some photos of my new granddaughter in this little book...
I did the envelope pages in teal with the stipple brush...
The next few photos are the steps for gluing the envy...I glued the rounded top flap to the inside of the envelope...

I then fold one side in, apply some glue to the edge,
then fold the other side over...
apply a tad of glue to the bottom flap and press in place...be sure, you do not get any glue on the holes...you wont be a happy camper...
These are the 3 finished envy pages...You can make more pages...I only needed 3 for this mini book...
I scored the file tabs and then glued them in half...



Now, I worked on my center page insert first...attach the file tab in the center of the page back, then attach the page front...
Now, trim off the top and bottom edges of the other two file tabs, and attach to the other pages...
I forgot to photo the other one...this is the last page...see, how the cut off file tab is lined up with the bottom edge...just line up the other one at the top edge...
This is all three pages, lined up on top of each other...see how the file tabs look...
I put all the envy's together with the covers and used the Bind it All to bind them...



This is the book opened to the first page...
This is page 1 opened showing page 2...
I started adding the pattern paper layers, this is the cover so far...
This is the inside cover and the outside of the envy's...
I added the teal layer to the back side of each envy...this covers up the seams and gives me more photo or journaling space...I hope to add photos next week...and show ya those pics when I get it done...
Check out my studio blog for a pack of the mini envy's I used to make this book...along with lots of other die cut kits...if I can help you further holler at me debbiesdiecuts@yahoo.com

No comments: