Saturday, February 16, 2008

The Pumpkin Patch-Tutorial

I absolutely love pumpkins, Autumn is my favorite time of year...I just feel that God's paintbrush is at its best, when he is changing the colors of the leaves...We have a local attraction during Fall that is called "The Pumpkin Patch"....I love to go there and ogle the pumpkins and sunflowers that grow by the acres in the fields...I started as a white die cut...I trimmed a curve from a piece of scrap paper to be a guide to make the ribs of the pumpkin, I used a sponge to apply the inks...I used a brown marvy marker to color the stem brown...
I used a flourish die cut and some punched leaves to embellish the pumpkin...I used a marvy marker in my spritzer tool to add some spatters to the die cut after I added the leaves...
The detail in the leaves was made by curling them with a bone folder and using pop dots to raise them off the surface of the pumpkin...This is just the beginning of another project, stay tuned for the results...

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Cute! I love Fall time too. We always visit out local Pumpkin Patch and come home with lots of stuff!

Anonymous said...

Great job!!! I love pumpkin cookies.... Maria