Tuesday, February 26, 2008

Tag Book Kit--Tutorial

I just love these stamps from Innovative Stamp Creations...The tag book kit was used to make this neat little journal, perfect for sleep over memories, girl parties, autograph books, mini scrapbooks and more...I masked and stamped the cover...The girl is stamped, colored, cut out and layered on the cover...
I used my round and scalloped round punches to make a place for a photo or could be used to journal a special memory date, etc...The wonderful word stamps Betsy designed are perfect for girls to journal with...
These pages use small die cut frames, perfect for photos and lots of room for journaling or friends to pen special memories....The background of the pages was simply done by rubbing the ink pads across the cardstock pages...I used a combination of pink and brown for this book...I have another one in the works, using different color scheme...I used a gold metallic marker to color the centers of the flowers and make faux brad effects on the die cuts too...
When I was in junior high and high school...we used to make our own little autograph or friendship type books...These were booklets that we would get all our friends, teachers, etc to sign during the school year...some people would simply write their names, while others would pen little notes as well...They were fun to make and keep over the years...Most of us just simply folded sheets of copy paper in half stapled and that was it...My best friend and I would usually go back and add stickers, or doodling as we called it and decorate our covers...Unfortunately, all of my books were destroyed...I do still have my senior book, but it was a store bought one...I will have to find it...I know its packed in a box somewhere...Anyway...where I was going with this is...the stamp sheets that Betsy designed http://www.innovativestampcreations.com/ are perfect to making these neat little journals...Call them what you will...Autograph books, Friendship Journals, Friendship Books, etc...there are lots of different names for them...They are fun to make and even more fun to collect signatures from friends and family in...
Check out my studio blog http://thestudioinpreston.blogspot.com/ for Tag Book Kits and more...

No comments: