Tuesday, November 18, 2008

Another wooden ATC...these are so fun to make

I painted my wooden ATC with brown oxide colored acrylic paint, why that color...cause it was the first brown paint I saw in the box...LOL...I just used a sponge, dipped it into the paint, and rubbed it all over the wood piece...thats my idea of basecoating, when I am in a hurry...
My pictures are a little out of order...but I left them like they were...This shows the detail of the bottom half of the ATC...I added some metallic gold ink sponged lightly onto the corners and little up the sides...

You can see the metallic gold on the top corners and trailing down the sides a bit...


I used redliner tape to attach the picot edged cream colored satin ribbon around the edges of the ATC...I made a little quicky bow from some light pink organza (Really Reasonable Ribbon) and added it to the top of the ATC with a glue dot...



I love that new border punch from Martha Stewart...I added all the elements except the flower with Ranger Glossy Accents as my glue, then applied a thin coat over the entire piece, I glued the flower on with a pop dot, after the front was dry...The collage image is from Lisa's Altered Art images...patterned paper scrap and bazill cardstock used...I rubbed some off white and a touch of metallic gold paint, kinda hit and miss over the dark brown basecoat...I don't know what made my photos yellow so much, I will take some better pictures in day light later...
For a Wooden ATC and Inchie kit, check out http://thestudioinpreston.blogspot.com This kit will be for a limited time only...




1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I love this project, Debbie. Well done.