Saturday, March 22, 2008

Cuttlebug Embossing Folder Techniques by Debbie Bankston

Patina, Copper metallic and gold metallic coloring on the Cuttlebug embossing...I love this folder...reminds me of screen wire...kinda old rusty wire here...
I love the copper metallic paint over the Textile Folder Cuttlebug embossing...
I have some more to add to this tag, but wanted to show it...I had another sample, and have lost it amongst my piles of stuff in the studio...Here I used two different Cuttlebug embossing folders on the same tag...I started with a white tag, base coated with black acrylic paint...then added copper metallic to the top area of the tag and blue metallic to the bottom area...then after Cuttlebug embossing both areas...I used black acrylic paint to color the embossing...I added some black spattering and gold metallic paint accents...I added the gold ribbon along the separation line and hopefully will finish it tomorrow...
I had to push the envelope again with this tag...I stamped the swirl from Innovative Stamp Creations for a background, then using various Cuttlebug embossing folders used my Layered Cuttlebug embossing technique...This time I smoothed each layer flat including the last one...I use my bone folder to smooth the embossing down...but you can use the back side of a spoon also...
I then stamped the images from Innovative Stamp Creations and added some black spattering and gold and copper metallic paint applied randomly...I could not get the photos just right...but this baby looks cool...

No comments: