Wednesday, February 18, 2009

A Box from a Mini Envy die cut...

This idea hit me this morning while playing with some mini envy die cuts...I could use them to make a box...I always like to see what else the die cuts can become...and this one is pretty cool...I have 3 different mini envy die cuts and they all work great for this project....Following are some steps I used to make this project...

I cut 4 of the 2 x 2 mini envy die cuts from white 110# cardstock, then removed the side flaps from 2 of the envy's...I stamped the envy's with a background stamp, here I used one of my fav images from Innovative Stamp Creations...
Then glue the side flap envy's and the non flap envy's, alternately...
Your finished piece should look like this...glue the last flap to the inside of the other envy on the other end...the rounded end flaps will become the box bottom...
On this box I glued the small flap ends to the inside
I made a sleeve for the box by cutting a strip of white cardstock 2 inches wide and as I wrapped it around the box, I used my bone folder to score for the folds...I stamped it and then glued it together...
I used some photo holder die cuts to make a handle for the little box and attached it with mini brads...The little envy box slides into the sleeve perfectly...
Here is the finished one...This was just a quick one I threw together after work today...I have a few more in various stages and will work on them again tomorrow...You can order a kit to make your own boxes, sleeves not included at http://thestudioinpreston.blogspot.com

1 comment:

Sue said...

What a GREAT idea!!! Love both
versions, but the one with the sleeve is my favorite; what treasures you could hide in it!!