Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Easter Baskets, Bunnies and Butterfly's...Oh My!!!

I said I had another project in the works using those Punch Bunnies...Well...how about a whole family of them on an Easter Basket...I used 4 of my large envelopes cut from cardstock...I added ink directly from the pads to color the die cut envy's...Stamped the background of trees...Innovative Stamp Creations...Betsy has some awesome tree images...I used the Sizzix die cut fence from a tan cardstock, then sponged on some brown ink...I made my bunnies from black and brown cardstock...the black was a tad bold, so i used my grey chalk pencil to tone it down...I used a pink pattern paper attached to the pieces I cut the folded ear from...I used punches for the grass and foliage, and punches for the tiny flowers...I added some color to the background trees with my chalk pencils...
The pattern flows smoothly around all four sides of the basket...
Here is a close up of some of the detail...I used the ISC swirl background to stamp the yellow tabs that fold over the top...
I used silk flowers on the bunny tail and handle area...otherwise all the parts are die cuts or punched shapes...and I could have used punches there, but wanted the varying texture and of course the ribbons around each bunnies neck...
Because you end up with a solid bottom and that is 4 layers of cardtock thick...this basket will be very durable and sturdy...I filled it with easter grass and eggs to show how much you can add to it...
The finished size is approx 5x5...I even made the handles triple thickness of cardstock, so it would be durable as well...
I wanted to make a simpler version...This basket is very simple and I made one in half an hour...I started with my four white cardstock envy's...cut 4 pices of pattern paper to layer over each section of the basket...Punced the flap that folds over the outsides, with my Martha punch...I cut a strip of coordinating pattern paper to trim the top edge above the punched border...
I added the butterfly die cut to the front side and used die cut flowers at the handle ends...I also added a strip of the same pattern paper down the center of the handle...
Are these not just the sweetest little Easter Baskets...just imagine all the possibilities as gift baskets...Wait until you see the next two I have on the work table...
There will be a special offer on the die cut envy's on The Studio blog shortly...

1 comment:

StampinCathy said...

Debbie these are just adorable. Great idea for gift for Easter. I just love the colors.