Friday, November 03, 2006

Altered Keepsake Treasure Chest Gift Box Ideas





I am so addicted to these die cut matchboxes...I have so many ideas for them...I added some beads to make little feet for the one with leaves...The leaf stamp set is from The Stamping Studio...The other box uses the Sunflower stamp from Innovative Stamp Creations...All inks are from Ranger, also available from Betsy at http://www.innovativestampcreations.com . The leaf box uses the Harlequin background from www.thestampingstudio.com as well as the Pressed Leaves set...I rubbed the matchbox diecut with the Butterscotch Adirondack pad...then stamped the Harlequin image repeatedly on the cover part of the die cut in Butterscotch ink...I then stamped the various leaves using other Adirondack colors and used the background dots image and Mushroom ink stamped randomly all over the cover...I added the little wooden beads to the bottom for feet and added a button leaf-I cut the shank off the back of the button...I tied a piece of organza ribbon to the stem of the leaf...I used a Memory dot to adhere the button to the box top...The Sunflower box was done using Innovative Stamp Creations stamps...I stamped the sunflower image randomly all over the box cover and the drawer part of the die cuts...I then used a Marvy Art Brush marker in yellow to color in the sunflowers...I then used Spiced Marmelade Distress ink and a color duster brush to apply color to the entire box die cut...I used a brown Marvy marker to color in the flower centers, then used Ranger Stickles in Coffee color to add glitter and embellish the flower centers...Prima flowers were added to the photo holder drawer pull on the front of the drawer part of the box...I wrapped a 1" organza ribbon around the box cover before I put it together...then made a small loopy bow from 1/4 " organza and attached it to the box cover with a mini brad...If you have any questions about the boxes or details of working with them...email me at debbiesdiecuts@earthlink.net . You can see these and all the die cuts I sell on my picture trail site at http://www.picturetrail.com/debbiesdiecuts

No comments: