Wednesday, November 15, 2006

More Domino Art





I will use these domino's to make necklaces and pins...I have had quite a few people ask me how I do my dominos...so I thought I would give you my instructions...I use a variety of means to color or create a background on the dominos...mostly I use Ranger Alcohol inks...but sometimes I leave the domino plain and then color using permanent pens such as a sharpie or Ranger Adirondack markers...I heat set after every step I do...I use the Heat It Craft Tool that I ordered thru Betsy at www.innovativestampcreations.com I order all my Ranger supplies thru her...and I own over half of her stamp sheets...Technique 1. Use Ranger AI to create a background color on the domino...Heat set. Stamp onto domino using some type of permanent ink, Memories Black, Black Document, Stazon, Brilliance, etc...I use some of all...Heat Set again...now you can apply other colors if needed/wanted using sharpies, adirondack markers, more alcohol inks, etc...Heat Set again...next I use a gold metallic type marker to color the edges of the domino...I generally use gold...but sometimes i use silver or copper...Once the edges are dry...I apply a layer of Ranger Glossy Accents to the top of the domino...then if I am adding Suze Beads or other charms, etc...I put those items in the wet glossy accents...Let this dry completely...then I apply a thin coat to the edges over the gold...I generally do this with my finger...Let that dry...By then I have decided which bead is going to be glued to the top edge of the domino for the ribbon, fiber, etc to be threaded thru to make the necklace part from...I use Ranger Glossy Accents to glue the bead onto the domino...Once this is dry...I thread the bead onto the ribbon I am using for the necklace...make sure its long enough to go over my head and then tie the ribbon in a knot...I leave it lose enough that I can untie and change ribbon colors if needed...You can thread other beads, etc onto the ribbon as desired to enhance your jewelry also...Hope this helps you create with dominos...

No comments: