Tuesday, November 07, 2006

More Altered Art and Domino Necklace gift ideas










I just love snowmen...and when I saw this set of snowman stamps at www.thestampingstudio.com I knew I had to make boxes, with domino necklaces as gifts for teachers this year...well, and for me, and my mom, and my grand daughters...and...well, you get the idea...I used watercolors to add color to the snowmen...and then coated them with Ranger Glossy Accents...I added some glitter with Ice Stickles...The domino's were coated with Ranger Alcohol inks in stonewashed and the gold additive...then stamped and heat set...I added some gold to accent using Brilliance Galaxy Gold, then heat set again...then coated each domino with Glossy Accents...I also used it to glue the beads to the tops of the domino's...The Ugly box...well, thats what I call it...I just could not get it to look good...no matter what I was doing...so I quit on it...and made the Leaf domino, which I rather like...and may end up keeping for myself...depends on if I run across somebody I like more than me...LOL...and using the large barrell type beads, attahced to the top of the domino, makes changing ribbons for the necklaces so easy...you can change the ribbon color to match your clothing, etc...I sell the die cut boxes thru my picture trail site, you can see them here http://www.picturetrail.com/debbiesdiecuts and if I can help you further you can email me at debbiesdiecuts@earthlink.net ...More ideas coming soon...

No comments: