Sunday, January 06, 2008

Heart Book-Mini Tutorial

The heart book is so much fun to make...Once I started the pink on pink theme...I just could not stop myself...I basecoated the chipboard covers with Adirondack Daubers Acrylic paint...then layered half of a pattern paper heart over that and brushed the edges with Ranger Carnation Archival ink...
I combined various punched shapes along with the die cuts in the kit to create some really cute layouts on the heart pages...I added pink ink colors to the white cardstock heart pages, then used torn pattern paper hearts to create the backgrounds for my layouts...
Notice the large scalloped circle punch shape...I adhere it to the heart page, then trimmed the excess...its a neat way to incorporate a shape, that would normally be too large to use...
I used the domino die cut to make a little foldover on one of the heart pages...
The tags and circle punched shapes work great for small photos and tidbits of journaling...The tiny daisy punch shape is a perfect accent for use throughout the Heart Book Kit...for info about ordering this kit see http://thestudioinpreston.blogspot.com and be sure and scroll down to a previous posting to sign up for a free kit giveaway...

3 comments:

The Crafty Chik said...

How CUTE! I love how it turned out even all monochromatic! I have been looking for a Valentines day idea and I think I found it! Thank you so much!

Wanda said...

This is SO cute. You did a fabulous job on it. TFS

peata said...

sweet mini