Sunday, July 13, 2008

More Recipe Pages

Ok, I am on a roll here with these recipe pages...LOL...I just had to try out other layouts and looks...I am really liking this one...so I will be making myself a mini recipe book using my file cards and the favorite recipes that I make all the time...I started with the chipboard file card and used those delicious Ranger Adirondack Pigment inks to add some color...then I used stamps from Innovative Stamp Creations to stamp the background...I tore the recipe and title out and sponged each with ink then used darker ink to color the edges...Added some ribbon and used my Fastenator again...hmm...thats two days in a row for the old Fastenator...LOL...
I like the way the background stamped images look...mixing the 3 different ones is very cool I think...
This is the back of the card, if more room for instructions is needed, there is plenty of room to add those..if not, a finished look to the back of each page will be very nice...I plan on doing each page a different color and using different stamps...so my File Card Recipe Book will be very entertaining...
And I just had to do a 6x6 layout size too...just to play some more...I used the flourishes to accent with...
I used more of those wonderful Adirondack Pigment inks to color the recipe, and then stamped the floral images from ISC in a shadow effect...I layered the recipe on a piece of cardstock that was only 1/8 inch larger, so that the dark border didn't over power the softer pattern papers, but still made the recipe the focal point...
I liked using the flourishes across the bottom with the silk flower center...Thanks to Donalda and Claudia for that inspiration...
I also cut a couple of the flourishes apart to accent the top corners...I added lots of gold glitter dots...Looks good with the varying shades of reds...

No comments: