Wednesday, September 17, 2008

Cuttlebug Layered Embossing Samples and Card

I finally got to play some with my newest Cuttlebug embossing folders...I used my Original Technique Design with the Pumpkins and Dots folders...This is a sample I made to show a friend...I used the Pumpkins, colored with inks, smoothed the embossing flat, then ran thru the Dots folder...rubbed the ink pad across the dots...
I made a card with the sample below...stamped verse from Victorine Originals...
I used the pumpkin embossing folder, colored the pumpkins and leaves/stems with inks...smoothed the embossed areas flat using my bone folder, then ran the piece thru using the autumn words folder, and rubbed the ink pad directly over the raised embossed words...I created this design technique using the various layers of embossing with the folders and have more samples on my blog of my technique...Layered dry embossing using the Cuttlebug folders is fun and easy to do...experiment on scraps to see what folders work best together...for more info debbiesdiecuts@yahoo.com

3 comments:

Cindy Cade said...

Debbie,
This is awesome! I love the pumpkins with sentiments card. Only one question? Why smooth with a bone folder and not just run back through to flatten? ;-)
LOVE IT!!! The colors too!

Sue said...

This is gorgeous, Debbie!!! I have the fall words embossing folder; will have to play with it.

Patty Williams said...

Gorgeous,gorgeous, gorgeous!

I love these, think I'll even give it a go!