Sunday, May 17, 2009

Painted chipboard and cardstock

I painted this little scene on a Moo sized chipboard die cut...this was fun to paint...freehand, right outta my head...I know, y'all are thinking...gees what is in her head...LOL...I basecoated the acid free chipboard moo card with white acrylic paint, then did a wash of blue for the sky and brown for the ground...I wanted more of a plowed field look, rather than all green...this is kinda how the area looks right now, with the farmers getting the fields ready to plant...

I did a little scene on a heart shaped chipboard die cut...we have a lot of barns around here with similar looks...I may turn this one into a little book...I really like making the books with painted covers...
I had the most wonderful chat with a fellow painter and soon to be avid paper crafter this morning...she lives in Florida...we chatted about painting, cardstock, card making, etc...I painted the blue rose buds on a basic A2 size card...


Closer look at the rosebuds...



2 comments:

Nettie said...

Beautiful work Debbie!

Francien said...

Yes...the paintings are gorgious!!..beautyful colours..love the rosebuds...well done!!
greetings Francien.