Tuesday, August 19, 2008

Book of Cards

This is a scrapbook I made filled with cards and letters that my husband sent me and gave me during the first 6 months of us dating...We had a long distance relationship for a while, and the cards and letters kept us close until we saw each other next...This is a spiral bound book, black cardstock pages, and I layered pattern papers that coordinated with each card...I enjoy going back thru the book reading the messages and looking at the cards...
This is the inside front cover of the book...it was the first photo he sent me...I sure love that face...
These are some of the pages using the pattern papers, cardstocks and the cards layered...

The red page on the right also has a small pocket under the card, that contains a letter he wrote...I made pockets for any letters included with the cards, or cards that contained writing on the backs...
The book is becoming somewhat tattered, from looking thru it so much...I used to take it with me when I would demo and teach...so I am thinking of redoing it and making 3 or 4 thinner books from it using my bind it all...This is still one of my favorite projects I have ever done...and one of the most requested for me to show...Quite a few of my students and customers in the past have used the idea to make similar books...my hubby is still just as romantic with his cards for me...but, I would have to make so many books to do all my cards this way...I just keep the others in a drawer...

No comments: