Saturday, June 14, 2008

80 Years Young

My father in law was a farmer all his life, until he retired...so what more fitting a birthday cake, that John Deere, complete with a tractor...I was very pleased to be in charge of the cake for the surprize party we had for him last night...I ordered a John Deere cake from Publix...and it was a hit with the family...Eleven of us turned out for the party, that he thought was just he, moma, me and hubby going out to eat...He was very surprized and pleased...

This is my hubby's moma and daddy...I am blessed to have such wonderful inlaws...
This was the best gift my hubby and I could have come up with...I scanned lots of old photos and sent to Lisa's Altered Art owner Patty and she put them into a collage for me, sent the picture back to me and I framed it...He was blown away at having all these photos from his past in one framed picture...It meant alot to me to be able to do this for my husbands father, as my daddy went to heaven 4 years ago...and sharing in this way is very important to me...
This is me and hubby...our niece made the picture for me...it was a wonderful evening...The cake and picture were just perfect gifts for daddy and the restaurant we ate at was very nice and we all enjoyed sharing in the celebration of 80 years with such a wonderful man...

6 comments:

Dianne Adams said...

What a nice way to celebrate. The cake was really nice but the collage was fabulous! What size collage is that?

Donalda said...

OH I am so glad you all had a wonderful time. I bet he was so thrilled. The cake turned out gorgeous girl. Love the pic of you and hubbby!!!!!!!

Michi Michaelson, Orange County, CA said...

Hi Debbie!
What a wonderful way to celebrate your father-in-law's 80th birthday!! That cake was a total CRACK UP!!! My parents were originally farmers, too!!!!!

Dragonlady said...

Debbie, what a wonderful cake and collage for your FIL, they both look fantastic..
I love that pic of you and your DH, you make a very good loking couple..
Hugs
Brenda

Anonymous said...

How cute! Happy Birthday to him! We are big John Deere fans around here too!

mmm...did ya save me a piece of cake?! LOL

Holly Young said...

Hey Debbie! I just tagged you! You can read about it on my blog.

Holly
hogwildaboutstamping.blogspot.com