Sunday, June 01, 2008

Altered Art-Canvas Accordion Book

This photo is kinda bright...I wanted to get a photo of the outside and inside of the book...I used 3 x 3 inch canvases and made an accordion fold with a 3 x 12 inch strip of cardstock...
I used various stamps from Innovative Stamp Creations and a few different mediums to stamp the background of the panel in a stamped collage effect...
This is one of the finished panels so far...I used the dress die cut, colored with green glazing medium...ran thru the Cuttlebug swiss dots folder, I applied foiling glue to each dot and then used a gold foil over that...I used Glossy Accents and beadazzles on the top of the bodice and made a sash from gold wire edged ribbon...The word create is a vellum sticker that I colored with green alcohol ink and the wand is from Lisa's Altered Art collage pages...
This is the front cover...I used a variety of mediums, hand dyed tissue paper, glaze, etc to color the canvas...I covered one of the 2.75 inch square frames with foiling adhesive and applied gold leafing and then cut it in half to create a corner...My favorite color is green and my signature color is purple...which basically for me, means I like green and purple together, the more the merrier...Anyway...I could not believe my luck, one of the images from Lisa's Altered Art was this girl in the green dress with purple wings...I mean, this is me...totally...I used a vellum word sticker and a silk flower with beadazzles added to the center...Oh, and added the crown to the girls head...of course...
This is the back canvas...or at least so far...I love the bird in the nest I will add a little more foo foo to it...but not much...
I glued a ribbon between the inside back canvas and the back accordion panel page...this way I can tie the book closed if I want...Thanks for letting me share my altered art venture so far...it will take a back burner for a while, as I am working on another project as a birthday gift and only have 8 days to get it done...yeah...nothing like procrastinating for me...LOL...

6 comments:

Art By Wanda said...

Debbie, this is waaayyyy cool!!!! Love it!!

Beth Norman-Roberts said...

Beautiful. So unique.

Lesley said...

Love the book Debbie. I have some small canvases, I'll have to try this.

Donalda said...

Girl I love that it is gorgeous !

Dianne Adams said...

Another beautiful creation!

Michi Michaelson, Orange County, CA said...

OHMYGOSH! OHMYGOSH! OHMYGOSH!!!! I am SO loving this Altered Art-Canvas Accordian Book, Debbie!!!! Would sum-buddy PUL-LEEEEEEEZE wipe the drool off of my face?!?!?! LOL!!!!!!!!!!!