Thursday, June 05, 2008

Altered Art-Board Book by Debbie Bankston






I loved making this altered art board book...it was my first completed one...and I still enjoy looking at it and sharing it...It uses a variety of techniques, learned over the years, combined into one project...I used a little 3 inch book from the dollar store, sanded the pages to remove the shine, and painted them kinda hit and miss with a combination of metallic, pearl and glaze paints...Lumiere and Plaid Folk Art were the brands...I stamped the images from Innovative Stamp Creations on white tissue paper using Archival inks from Ranger, I tore the pieces out and added more inks, sponging, etc to each piece before adhering it to the pages with Royal Coat Decoupage Medium...I used lots of Ranger Glossy Accents to add beads, stones, leaves, charms, buttons, etc to each page...After chatting with a friend online, she wanted to see the book and since it has been so long since I showed it, I thought I would make some new photos and share it again...
I am working on two new book/kit designs...I cannot wait to share them...so stay tuned for that coming in the next couple of weeks...

3 comments:

Art By Wanda said...

Wow!!! Awesome book!!

Beth Norman-Roberts said...

Oh Debbie, this book is beautiful. I can't stop looking at it.

Claudia Rosa ~ Pretty Pressings said...

this is aaaamazing.
wow.. i have to learn A LOT!
wonderful work