Saturday, June 07, 2008

Foiled some more...




I am really having fun with the foiling techniques on the Cuttlebug embossed frames...The black frame with oval cut out was embossed with the swiss dots folder...I then put foiling adhesive on each little dot and around the outside edges as well as the oval inside edges...I used a mixture of gold and copper applied kinda hit and miss style...I colored the bird and wing die cuts with gold metallic ink, then embossed and rubbed with black ink...I then used caramel adirondack ink to deepen the gold color, attached the wing with a gold brad...I used some silk flowers, added a black punched daisy and gold brad center...
The next idea uses the small flourish die cuts, with gold/copper foiling applied, then embossed and black ink applied to the embossed areas...I used a teal colored flower and black punched flower with gold brad center...
The next two frames are actually an older one where I had shown my originally created technique of a Faux Patina finish...I added some extra foiling on the right side of the frame to a section of the vine and bird...I used gold foiling to highlight this area...I used the same flourish die cut and flowers accent these frames...

2 comments:

Dianne Adams said...

You have me hooked on foil (again). I hadn't used foil in ages but now I can't get enough of it. You've been very busy and your stuff looks great.

Lim said...

WOW..This is stunning. I love it. All of them are beautiful. Love it!
WOW WOW WOW
Lim