Sunday, June 08, 2008

Matchbox--Nugget box--Trinket Box...

No matter which you call it...This is one of the coolest die cut boxes to make...I cut pattern paper to fit the top, bottom and both sides of this box, after i rubbed it with my teal ink to color the white die cut box sleeve...I added the beautiful images from Lisa's Altered Art and a silk flower to the top...Before I added the pattern paper to the sections, I distressed the edges with my scissors and sponged on some teal ink...
I left the sides plain on this box, but you could add stamping, other die cuts, etc...I just like the striped pattern paper and decided that was enough...
These are both of the boxes I finished today...
I love birds...and we have been fighting to save baby purple martins all week long...the little buggers keep either falling or jumping outta the nest...we did lose one, which is very sad...as I am hoping for a lot larger flock next year when they arrive in March...Anyway...we have a nest box of blue birds and I can watch the male bird feed the female, while she is sitting on the eggs...its fun to see her poke her head outta the hole waiting for him and then he gently flies up and gives her a bug to eat...LOL...I guess ya just have to be there and watch it, like I do...
The beautiful bluebird image from Lisa's Altered Art was a perfect fit for the matchbox die cut top...I cut a slit into the nest image and slipped his body in just enough to give the effect he was sitting in the nest...I added the organza ribbon bow with ribbon from Really Reasonable Ribbon...
All of the beautiful images are from Innovative Stamp Creations...Betsy has some of the most gorgeous images, perfect for the stamped collage background effects that I love to do...
I also stamped the drawer part of this box as well...I added the silk flowers with glue dots to both boxes...I used gold brads for the flower centers...

5 comments:

Michelle said...

Adorable, Debbie. Absolutely adorable!

Sue said...

Love both of your boxes, Debbie! We love birds too and just lost a
barn swallow nest (they built it under our deck and with all of the rain we had this weekend, it is flooded). I hope the parents come
back and rebuild!

Michi Michaelson, Orange County, CA said...

PRETTY! PRETTY! PRETTY! This is such a pretty match box, Debbie!!! I LOVE it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Lesley said...

Love the boxes Debbie, especially the bird box.

Lesley

Art By Wanda said...

Wonderful boxes, Debbie!! I love the bird!!!