Saturday, September 22, 2007

My Alcohol Ink Applicators

We have been having some discussions on various groups about Alcohol Ink applicators...I had promised I would share a photo of how I made mine...I actually have 8 of these...I bought 1 and 1/2 inch square wooden blocks from the unfinished wood section of AC Moore...I then bought 3/4 inch sticky back velcro, I cut 1 and 1/2 inch strips to cover one side of each block, then using felt sheets from the craft dept. I cut 1 and 1/2 inch squares of felt...cover each block with felt...I like to create color palettes of the alcohol inks I like to work with...I put a small amount of Blending solution onto the felt pad, then add the AI colors, then any metallic mixative, if using it...then a bit more blending solution...then I begin my pouncing motion on the glossy cardstock or non porous surface I am using...I use the felt pads, with the same colors on each block, until they just have to be replaced, then I add a new one...

Close up of block with velcro and felt pad...You can write the AI ink colors on the side of each block using a fine tip sharpie, if you think you may forget your color palette...

No comments: