Tuesday, September 25, 2007

Treat Box Idea

This is a cool treat box, I have been making these little favor boxes for about 10 years now...I helped a gal make 100 for a wedding reception once...gees...I never thought we would see the end of blue and silver cardstock...she made the boxes from dark blue cardstock and then die cut silver cardstock bells to go on the sides and then filled them will silver wrapped hershey's kisses...and used silver and blue ribbon for the handles...I start with a 6 x 6 square of cardstock, then score every two inches, from two sides...then cut into the scores just to the middle section of two opposite sides...like the picture above shows...
This shows the inside of the box, onces the sides are folded up and glued into place...You can add an embellishment to both sides, or just one, depending on the look you want...you can also add ribbon handles...do this before you add the outter embellishment layer...
I used a background stamp from Prickley Pear Rubber Stamps to create a distressed looking background...I die cut Sizzix flowers from white cardstock, used inks to color then layered and glued onto the sides...I will go back with Stickles Glitter Glue from Ranger and make the flower center...
Just think of the possibilities for this little box...you can also make it into a square box...I used to do those and then make little toppers for them...I will try and make one to show later...

No comments: