Thursday, October 25, 2007

Shattered Glass Technique Tutorial...

This is one of my favorite techniques, especially to do on black or any dark colored cardstock...I learned this technique from Carol Heppners first article about it...and I have been a fan ever since...I do some things a bit different maybe, than Carol does...but I always give her credit for my learning this technique...Begin with Blue Painters Tape...then, de-tack the tape by sticking it a few times onto a non fuzzy type of fabric...I use my blue jeans, since thats what I always wear...
Begin, by creating a torn edge down one side of a length of the tape...
Then begin, tearing the rest of the tape into narrow strips...so that both edges are torn...you want this ragged edge for the shattered glass effect...
I used a small black cardstock tag for this project...this tag measures approx. 2 x 3...
Create an interest pattern using the torn tape pieces...I also like a solid border, so I tape my edges too...

1 comment:

Anita Van Hal said...

Debbie, I love this technique! Do you mind if I "borrow" it for an online demo group I belong to...I'm the technique and online class coordinator, and I'm always looking for something fresh. I would not use your photos or words, just the technique.

Thank you so much for sharing this with us!