Sunday, August 05, 2007

Anniversary Card for Hubby

This is the card I made for my wonderful hubby...I celebrate every anniversary of every first we have...I know...but its just my thing...Four years ago the 15th of this month, I met the wonderful man I could have ever dreamed of...so today I made him this card to remind him...as I do everyday...just what he means to me and what he has brought to my life...Betsy of http://www.innovativestampcreations.com made the Always stamp just for me...its on one of her sheets of word stamps...Her newest images are the ones I used for the center of the flower...All the stamps I used on this are from ISC and all inks are Ranger, which I also buy thru Betsy...
I used my new die cut envy, which measures just under 5 inches square...I made my card 4.50 x 4.50 inches square...Layered the front with scrapbook paper, that I distressed the edges a bit...Then added my embellishments...
I used a piece of dark blue ribbon attached with gold brads, as I did not want to take away from the flower on the card...but needed a little something to break up the pattern of the scrapbook paper...
I punched two flowers, one I colored blue with ink directly from the pad, one I colored brown, Van Dyke, its one of the Nick Bantock colors...I stamp the Alter It sheet image and used my 1 inch round punch to punch it outta the cardstock, sponged the edges lightly with blue ink I used Betsy flower petal stamp to stamp the petals of the die cut flower...then curled the petals...I layered the flower pices and attached the center with a blue brad...

No comments: