Saturday, August 18, 2007

Decorative Painting of Stamped Images

This will always be one of my favorite things to do...Stamp images onto paper surfaces, then use my decorative painting techniques to color the images in...This is one of my favorite Santa images, its from Stubby Stampers...I colored the santa hat red and coated with Glossy Accents, the rest of santa was painted using acrylic paints...
This image from Hearts in Touch was painted many years ago...I enjoyed painting her...She was done using acrylic paints also...She was cut out and layered over the background...
I cannot remember who makes this snowman...I forgot to look when I was at my studio this afternoon...I taught the painting techniques on this snowman a few times about 10 years ago...that when I painted him...he is not quite finished...but hopefully this year I will finish him up...I used cake style watercolor paints with my decorative painting techniques to paint the sample...
This is a closer view of the snowman...you can see the unfinished sections...he is on the work table for now...maybe I won't accidently cover him up...LOL...yeah...right....

No comments: