Monday, August 13, 2007

Getting Started

I begin by basecoating each wood piece, or coaster, or matboard shape with Folk Art off white acrylic paint...I paint on a thin layer, let this dry, rub lightly with brown paper sack, paint on a second thin coat of off white paint...Let dry...-the brown paper sack, acts as a sandpaper of sorts, but does not remove surface like sanding will...its better on the better quality of woods...I use mostly birch shapes...This is the first step to working with the Alcohol Inks on the pieces to follow...
I made myself a jumbo craft stick puzzle holder in place board...LOL...I took a piece of Poster Tape...this is a very strong, removeable double stick tape...I adhered a strip to a piece of crafting plastic...then remove the covering...now, I can stick my jumbo craft sticks, or other pieces to the tape and work on them with out them flopping all over my table...yeah, thats another don't ask...

No comments: