Saturday, August 18, 2007

Card-Buckled Up

I had been wanting to play with a buckling effect for a card front...had this on my idea table for a few weeks now...The buckle is made from a Cuttlebug die...it was not actually a buckle die...but thats what I saw when I looked at it...I cut it outta chipboard, then colored it with ink and coated it with Ranger Glossy Accents...Now, it was a buckle...well it needed a card...I stamped the card using various images from Innovative Stamp Creations using Maroon ink, then I stamped the blue strip with Brilliance Gold and Cobalt blue...kinda looks like the gold is shadowed by the blue...
This just shows the strip that wraps around the card before I thread it thru the buckle...The card started out as a 4.25 x 11 inch strip...basically a piece of cardstock cut in half the long way...then I scored the card at 2.75 and then at 5.50 from that score line...I added the blue strip so that it overlapped the opposite front side by about 1/2 to 3/4 inch...I really did not measure, I just kinda eyeballed it til it looked good...LOL...
I made a little pointy end to my wrap but just scoring it to a point and gluing it in place...I did not have time to finish the inside with a stamped message...that will have to wait...Can you imagine the possibilities with this concept...fun Invites, B'day wishes, Get Well and more...and Color combo's, pattern papers, Oh and using real ribbon instead of paper for the wrap...and just about any buckle will work...More to come using this idea...

No comments: