Saturday, August 11, 2007

Vintage Look Altered Puzzle

I glued a piece of textured patterned cardstock to chipboard, then cut using my puzzle die...The puzzle die I have cuts the puzzle and the frame, which I like, but I dont always use the frame...
This shows the puzzle pieces and the frame separately...I used decorative nail heads on the corners of the frame...I used Ranger Glossy Accents and Sepia Accents on the puzzle pieces to create dimension as well as to adhere the charms and other embellishments to the puzzle...
The puzzle pieces could easily be used alone as accents for other vintage style collage work...or even as jewelry pieces...
Close up of one of the corner pieces...I used the Sepia Accents on the words, and Glossy Accents on the leaves...I glued all the embellishments on with Glossy Accents...
I used a jump ring to accent the "letter P"...I bent the butterfly wing upward for more dimension...the vintage looking bike was actually a button, I removed the shank from the back so it would glue down flat...

1 comment:

Roni JJ said...

I love the idea of cutting your own puzzle! Do you mind sharing what type of die you have and where you found it? I would love to get one as I have a nephew who is just turning 2 this month. I think it would be fun to make some personalized puzzles for him.

Thanks so much!