Saturday, August 25, 2007

A Folio that is easy and fun to make

One of the first paper crafting things I taught years ago, was a folio, just like this one...I cut the covers from chipboard using my sizzix square die...The pattern paper was just my colors, so that choice was easy...I used prima flowers that matched...and the word Always, is from Innovative Stamp Creations...Betsy made that word stamp just for me...The beads, are the closure for the folio...
If you look closely, you can figure out exactly how the folio is made...I glued the chipboard covers to the backside of the covering pattern paper, leaving about a 1/8th inch gap between the chipboard pieces, cut the inside liner piece about 1/4th inch smaller that the overall measurement...Before you glue the inside liner, be sure you glue your ribbon to the chipboard covers...I used approx. 20 inches of organza ribbon from Really Reasonable Ribbon...I love Debbie's ribbons, she has so much to choose from...
I used one of each of my mini envy's and small tag shapes...I glued the envy's and then turned the flaps to the outside...Then glued the envys to either side of the folio inside panels...I trimmed the photos to layer onto the tags...Wouldn't this Folio make a neat party invitation...Just think of the possibilities you could use this Folio idea for...The folio can be made to any size...Once you decide the size you want the covers to be...then you cut your pattern paper covering paper 1 and 1/2 inches larger...If your covers are 3 inches x 5 inches...cut your covering paper 4.5 x 6.5...Center your 3 inch chipboard covers with approx 1/8 to 3/16th inch gap between...unless you are using really thick chipboard, then you might need more of a gap...play with it, to get a feel for what is needed, before you glue your chipboard covers in place...Once your chipboard is glued to the backside of the covering paper, trim the corners and fold the excess paper over the chipboard, glueing it in place...Add your organza or any ribbon to either side of the cover...then measure to be sure what size your inside liner paper needs to be, cut and glue in place...be sure, you glue the gap section in place first, then each side...

1 comment:

Kath W said...

Cute project! TY for the instructions, can't wait to try this!