Saturday, August 18, 2007

Faux Layering Effects

This frame has the effect of 3 different papers being layered onto it...but its actually one flat surface, that I masked, stamped, stippled with color...I put a band of ribbon between the "layers" for added dimensional effect...
Except for the tag layered onto the front...The background of the card is one flat piece, with a faux effect of one piece layered over another...
This frame looks to layered also...I masked the frame in half, then after I stamped the images, I used the same color to stipple with...I used the ribbon for dimensional effect over the background "faux layers"
I did a piece similar to this years ago as gift...I stamped onto pieces of tissue paper and then decoupaged them onto a frame...Here I just stamped the images onto the frame, using a little bit of masking here and there, so that the overlapping was not too noticiable...I sponged the inner and outter edges of the frame with black ink...I used a blender pen to add coloring to the faces...All the stamped used on the frames and card are from Innovative Stamp Creations and can be seen at http://www.innovativestampcreations.com All the die cut frames are available at http://www.picturetrail.com/debbiesdiecuts

No comments: